Saturday, September 8, 2012

Ungrateful B!tches

I'm hitting a HUGE wall in studying for my first exam of medical school, so instead of continuing to cry because I feel so unprepared, I'm going to write a blog post.

I am so f*cking sick of people who are ungrateful.  I am sick of these people who are so full of their own sh!t and who are so centered on themselves that they don't even notice the plight of others around them.

Now, before someone jumps down my throat:
-I used to be a whiny b!tch, but I selectively whine about things now, as evidenced by this blog
-I understand people whining about small and stressful things, but ... just read the rest of my post.



One person I had a conversation with a few months ago proclaimed that America sucks.  Straight up, America sucks.  For this person, America sucked because prisoners don't automatically receive jobs once they are done with their sentences.

I will admit that it's not hard to provoke me, but this statement just angered me so much.  THAT's why America sucks?  Because people who did bad things don't automatically get handouts when they leave?  I mean, there are rehab programs out there (I'm not fully educated on them), but THAT's why we suck?  I've never been to prison, but I don't somehow automatically deserve a job?  WTF?!  I promptly told her that she was pretty much out of her mind, and that she had no idea how good she has it here.  I've been to a "developing country" (hell, I'm FROM one), and I know how bad things can get.  I was there after the tsunami tore through the country, and I was there watching people attempt to pick up the pieces of their houses, homes, and families.

This person's response?  More or less: "I don't have to be grateful for being born here."  This then turned away from the whole prisoners/jobs argument into "I have really large medical bills that I have to pay off."

This person hadn't even been to a developing country.  This person probably thought that because they sat in a nice, covered, air conditioned classroom, listening to someone with a degree or two talk at them, that they somehow have real experience or understand what it's really like to not have the protection and benefits of being in this country and being a citizen.  I am SO grateful for being born in this country.  I feel BLESSED to be here.  Every time I think about my parents, I just feel so terrible for all of the sh!t that they went through just to get into the States.  I am so glad that they left their old lives behind to come here.  I don't think I would have been strong enough, and they have given me one of the greatest gifts I could ever receive.  I am ALWAYS grateful.  There's real laws, healthcare, opportunities--there are so many things to be grateful about on a larger scale.  I can't believe some people are so f*cking blind to the goodness that is all around them, despite the bad things that happen here and there.

And as for the bills ... how is that a FAULT of America?  Be grateful that you had ACCESS to the care!  If they're that high, that makes me think that you had something really unfortunate going on with you.  At least you're still ALIVE.

There's another recent encounter that really upsets me.  Whenever I passively hear from this person through things that they post, I always hear things about how much life sucks, and how much they wished it were different.  This is just a recipe for disaster and extreme depression (I would know).  Anyway, this person just started b!tching about how they would never get to see their significant other because their significant other is in medical school ... f*cking 15 minutes away.  Their significant other is going to be so busy with school, and they said they were going to be so busy with class, work, and (get this) football games.

F*cking football games.

B!tch, please.  I am here studying on a Saturday night, hoping that I don't fail this exam I have on Monday.  With the amount I have been studying, I feel like I have a final coming up soon.  Football games add to your "busy" schedule?  B!tch, please?  And seriously?  Your significant other is in med school, and you're whining about how you won't get to see them?  They live how far away from you?

DO YOU KNOW WHERE MY MAN IS LIVING?  HE IS IN F*CKING AUSTRIA.  That's F*CKING FAR.  I WILL SEE HIM IN THREE MONTHS, AT THE EXPENSE OF SEEING MY FAMILY OVER CHRISTMAS.

My first Christmas without my family, the only relatives I have living in the States.

In other words: YOU SPOILED B!TCH.  LEARN THAT THERE ARE OTHER PEOPLE IN THE WORLD BESIDES YOU, INCLUDING THOSE WHO ARE RIGHT AROUND YOU, WHO ARE IN WORSE PREDICAMENTS.  This person is really good friends with one of my best friends (meow), and my best friend here has a boyfriend (who is my boyfriend's cousin, wrap your minds around that) who lives 10 hours away.  Is it THAT hard to be a little bit sensitive to those around you?

DAMMIT.  Ungrateful b!tches are so draining.  Why is it so difficult for people to open their eyes and have a little bit of respect for those who are around them?

No comments:

Post a Comment